Monday, April 19, 2010

11-Edy: Final Project Proposal

I haven't settled on one single idea for the final project, but I'm sure that I will try to experience colors. Ideally I hope I can get the chance to play with oil a few times before the final painting. Two initial ideas of what I might do: in the first blog I posted for our class (What is Art), there were two pieces featured---one is Van Gogh's Starry Night that started my passion and appreciation for impressionism and the stories behind these masterpieces (interestingly we just read about Vincent and Theo in class), so I want to challenge myself to do something close to the impressionist style; another is the velvet oil painting-feeling photography of the Afghan girls, which I want to transform into a real oil painting...with my very limited painting skill. I might also explore a more decorative style like Klimt and paint something to match my room setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment