Thursday, April 15, 2010

9. Dani Cinali Final Project Proposal

For my final project, I would like to bridge the gap between visual art and music. I believe that music is one of the best ways to portray human emotion and I would like to attempt to capture this emotion in a series of paintings. The challenge for me will be to create my own type of vocabulary that, while abstract, does convey a deeper sense of purpose and intention. I would like my final composition to evoke the same or similar emotions one feels and mindset one develops when listening to the music. One artist who was able to successful do this was Wassily Kandinsky. Kandinsky was also inspired by the emotional power of music. By examining his and others’ work, I hope to develop a better sense of the process involved in this type of project and produce results that speak to this understanding as well as to the music itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment