Monday, February 1, 2010

1-Natalie Jones: What is Art?

I believe that art can be placed into two different categories, personal and making a statement. Art is a visual way that people can tell a story or message that everyone viewing can bring away a meaning because it takes only using your eyes. I also think that art is much more then a way to convey a message, I believe the most beautiful art are snapshots of someone's life or a place's history.

I believe Monet's painting "Sunrise," is an example of beautiful piece of art because in the calm and simplicity of the image, it's a snapshot of the the fisherman's life and time town he lives in. Also the colors Monet uses brings life to the painting. I think it is this combination of beauty and storytelling that makes it art.

No comments:

Post a Comment