Thursday, February 25, 2010

Susana Ortega




I chose to do a piece by Sir Henry Raeburn's work of art called Miss Eleanor Urquhart. During my search of finding a painting I would like to copy, I thought I would try and find an artist I'm not familiar with. I chose this painting because of the beauty of the woman. I particularly liked how her skin was painted fairly pale and her dress was white. It made her glow amongst the dark background and made her beauty pop out.
I tried to copy this painting from its orginal piece and thought this process would be helpful to increase my drawing skills. I tried to keep it in its original form because I thought it was fine just the way it was. I think it depends on a person if they want to change it or stick with the original but it's always the original that people go back to and I think that's why many people copy the original pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment